Senior Systems Engineer
Vecima Networks, Inc. (TSE: VCM) is a world-class designer and manufacturer of advanced broadband telecommunications products. Our products are shipped around the world and are used by major international companies to deliver Digital TV, Video-on-Demand, Broadband Internet Service and Telematics in over 30 countries.
Building on three decades of consecutive profitable operations and a track record of strong engineering and manufacturing capabilities, Vecima’s products are in widespread demand. We are fuelled by the innovation, leadership and passion of today’s top talent. Join Vecima and work in an environment that values teamwork and communication, rewards innovation and achievement, and fosters growth and opportunity in your career.
Become part of a thriving Support team and help with deploying the next-generation Cable TV and Broadband Technology.
The successful candidate would be required to work from a home based office in Denver, Colorado or surrounding area.
Expectations and Duties:
- Integration and testing of Vecima's DOCSIS 3.1 Entra DAA products (e.g., R-PHY/R-MACPHY node, Legacy QAM Adaptor (LQA), and Access Switch) in customer lab environments.
- Work with customers and partners to complete lab integration and any configuration of Vecima equipment.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues not only for Vecima products, but also lab environment issues in general.
- Frequent communication with many remote teams.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Minimum 8 years of recent industry experience
- RF measurement and analysis experience using RF and QAM-based test equipment
- Comfortable with the Linux file system and various shells for purposes of troubleshooting and data collection.
- It would be beneficial for the candidate to have a basic level of scripting knowledge (BASH, PYTHON, etc.).
- Ability to analyze network traffic and packet captures, as well as understand some basic networking fundamentals
General Cable industry experience, including, but not limited to:
- CableLabs testing/certification.
- Experience with video and data equipment in a headend (e.g.: EdgeQAM, CMTS, Cable Modem).
- Beneficial to have understanding of CableLabs distributed access architectures (R-PHY and R-MACPHY)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to aid in generation of test procedures, test reports, and issue/status reports.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to set priorities and a self-starter.
- Personable, customer savvy and leaves lasting impressions
As per company policy, Criminal Background Checks are required prior to accepting employment with Vecima Networks Inc.
Vecima Networks Inc. has a competitive compensation and benefits package, and strives to provide a challenging work environment that can foster skill development and personal career growth for all employees.
Applicants are requested to forward the following information with their application:
- salary expectations
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.