Manager, Quality and Operational Excellence
Vecima Networks, Inc. (TSE: VCM) is a world-class designer and manufacturer of advanced broadband telecommunications products. Our products are shipped around the world and are used by major international companies to deliver Digital TV, Video-on-Demand, Broadband Internet Service and Telematics in over 30 countries.
Building on three decades of consecutive profitable operations and a track record of strong engineering and manufacturing capabilities, Vecima’s products are in widespread demand. We are fueled by the innovation, leadership and passion of today’s top talent. Join Vecima and work in an environment that values teamwork and communication, rewards innovation and achievement, and fosters growth and opportunity in your career.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Manager, Quality and Operational Excellence will be the product quality champion and provide leadership and guidance for the maintenance and continuous improvement of the Company’s Quality Management System.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in product quality within a high volume product environment.
- Post-secondary education
- Experienced and well versed in ISO 9001 standards implementation
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to coach and guide others in all aspects of Quality
- Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma experience or training an advantage
Duties to include (but not limited to):
- Establish and drive product quality requirements and control points into new and existing products
- Provide teams with analysis to drive higher first pass yield using SPC or other methodologies
- Quantify and track cost of quality
- Project manage quality events should they arise including stop-ship, rework, recall, epidemic failure, etc. Act as the single point of contact in these situations
- Conduct Quality system audits of suppliers and potential suppliers
- Work with Management to maintain and improve the Company’s Quality Management System
- Plan, conduct and report the findings of internal audits
- Provide leadership and promote understanding within the Company for Quality certification requirements to maintain industry standards
- Recommend activities required to achieve and maintain certification
- Work with the team to optimize and document key processes using tools such as swim lane mapping and value stream mapping as required
- Conduct regular Management Review meetings
- Champion or support continuous improvement initiatives
- Be the company-wide ambassador for Quality
As per company policy, Criminal Background Checks are required prior to accepting employment with Vecima Networks Inc.
Vecima Networks Inc. has a competitive compensation and benefits package, and strives to provide a challenging work environment that can foster skill development and personal career growth for all employees.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.