Manager, Information Systems
Vecima Networks, Inc. (TSE: VCM) is a world-class designer and manufacturer of advanced broadband telecommunications products. Our products are shipped around the world and are used by major international companies to deliver Digital TV, Video-on-Demand, Broadband Internet Service and Telematics in over 30 countries.
Building on three decades of consecutive profitable operations and a track record of strong engineering and manufacturing capabilities, Vecima’s products are in widespread demand. We are fueled by the innovation, leadership and passion of today’s top talent. Join Vecima and work in an environment that values teamwork and communication, rewards innovation and achievement, and fosters growth and opportunity in your career.
The Manager, Information Systems (IS) will provide oversight and guidance to the IS staff engaged with support of enterprise software. This individual will play a key role in the delivery of mission-critical technology-related solutions and will leverage a strong background in business analysis, project management, and communication. Duties include managing implementation or upgrade projects, leading a diverse team of IS professionals, and aligning IS to the business. The Manager, IS will be responsible to work extended hours as required to ensure continuous on-call and off-hours support.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- University degree or post-secondary diploma from an accredited educational institution in computer science, information systems or a related field
- Certifications in areas such as MCDBA, MCITP, ITIL, PMP, etc. will be considered an asset
- 5+ years of experience in ITS, leading business analysis or project management
- Significant experience with enterprise software such as MRP/ERP, CRM, Document Management, and Reporting solutions (ie: Tableau, SAS, Cognos)
Technical Skills Required:
- Knowledge of project management principles and their application
- Strong familiarity with various software development life-cycle concepts and approaches
- Solid understanding of business analysis and aligning IS to business processes
- Strong knowledge of Lean and Project Management principles
- Strong knowledge or ERP system best practice in a volume manufacturing environment – Microsoft Dynamics GP knowledge an asset
- Understanding of general IS technical architecture for Database deployment, code management, and file systems
- Understanding of general IT concepts such as SANs, e-mail servers, ftp/internet servers (IIS), networks, Windows operating systems concepts, and Active Directory
- Understanding of business Intelligence concepts such as analytical processing, data warehousing, benchmarking and decision support systems is an asset
- Thorough knowledge of support requirements
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a complex, dynamic and fast-changing environment while making sound decisions
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Understanding of new concepts/technologies and their possible application to improve the capabilities of the enterprise
- The ability to foster and facilitate a collaborative team environment with internal customers
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous professional development and learning
Duties to include (but not limited to):
- Support and maintain existing 3rd party and in-house developed enterprise software and processes and provide system support to users
- Lead the architecture and development of critical information systems and processes using methodologies that conform to applicable prevailing professional standards and best practices
- Guide, mentor and actively promote the training and development of ITS staff while regularly monitoring workflow activities to increase operational efficiencies and successes
- Manage projects with a view to creating ITS-related organizational deliverables that meet or exceed requirements, while managing costs, schedules, and scope to plan
- Oversee and guide change management and IT governance within ITS
- Assist in the development of the department’s annual operating budget
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements, analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to applicable standards and best practices
- Develop, document and implement risk mitigation strategies, processes and test plans for complex systems
- Contribute to the development of ITS knowledgebase, system documentation and specifications for increasing the capability maturity of the ITS department
- Actively participate in regular department / division meetings, collaborate with other departments, communicate ITS changes to the company, and be a key ITS member in cross-functional project teams
- Guide in the administration and maintenance of all database installations and functions
- Set goals for the ITS department and implement plans to achieve goals.
- Develop and maintain a basic understanding of manufacturing industry concepts, developments and trends
As per company policy, Criminal Background Checks are required prior to accepting employment with Vecima Networks Inc.
Vecima Networks Inc. has a competitive compensation and benefits package, and strives to provide a challenging work environment that can foster skill development and personal career growth for all employees.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.