Manager, Financial Operations
Vecima Networks, Inc. (TSE: VCM) is a world-class designer and manufacturer of advanced broadband telecommunications products. Our products are shipped around the world and are used by major international companies to deliver Digital TV, Video-on-Demand, Broadband Internet Service and Telematics in over 30 countries.
Building on three decades of consecutive profitable operations and a track record of strong engineering and manufacturing capabilities, Vecima’s products are in widespread demand. We are fueled by the innovation, leadership and passion of today’s top talent. Join Vecima and work in an environment that values teamwork and communication, rewards innovation and achievement, and fosters growth and opportunity in your career.
The Manager, Financial Operations will be the key finance interface for all inventory and product costs within the business. The position is responsible for supporting the manufacturing financial performance of the business which includes product costs, variance analysis, inventory valuation and allowances, margin analysis and forecasting.
- Canadian CPA designation in good standing.
- 10+ years of manufacturing company experience with a focus on cost accounting and associated manufacturing processes.
- 5+ years managerial experience.
- Solid applied understanding of cost management and accounting systems in a standard cost ERP system.
- Advanced MS Office skills with emphasis on expert excel proficiency.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to investigate complex issues and conduct root cause analysis to resolve problems.
- Self-motivated, independent thinker, possessing excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to project a professional image and interact effectively with all levels and functions within the organization.
- Knowledge of IFRS for inventory.
- Knowledge of Great Plains (Microsoft Dynamics GP) manufacturing preferred.
- Knowledge of COSO/CSOX preferred.
Duties to include (but not limited to):
- Manage the ongoing workload and performance of the Financial Operations group to ensure all business requirements are met in an effective and timely manner.
- Responsible for all product costing and variance analysis.
- Responsible for accurate inventory valuation and allowance reporting.
- Assist with identifying cost savings and performance improvement opportunities within the manufacturing environment.
- Support product gross margin analysis. Highlights and drives root cause on low margin products.
- Conduct standard product cost reviews quarterly.
- Conduct standard overhead and labor rates annually.
- Work with operations and finance to ensure that costs are attributed and reported in the appropriate cost buckets to allow effective analysis and control of these costs.
- Maintain transactional integrity of all inventory flow.
- Implement/execute accounting policies and procedures surrounding internal controls related to inventory, product costing and allowances.
- Oversee and provide guidance for inventory audits and counts.
- Develop operating budgets for cost of sales, inventory, allowances and ops admin.
- Support sales departments with costing requests (Quotes, New Product, Current Costs).
- Assist with product costing from R&D through NPI to manufacturing.
- Assist in testing/troubleshooting of software as it pertains to costs.
- Perform Ad-hoc cost analysis as requested.
As per company policy, Criminal Background Checks are required prior to accepting employment with Vecima Networks Inc.
Vecima Networks Inc. has a competitive compensation and benefits package, and strives to provide a challenging work environment that can foster skill development and personal career growth for all employees.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.