Vecima Networks, Inc. (TSE: VCM) is a world-class designer and manufacturer of advanced broadband telecommunications products, employing over 300 people. Our products are shipped around the world and are used by major international companies to deliver Digital TV, Video-on-Demand, Broadband Internet Service and Telematics in over 30 countries.
Building on profitable operations, strong engineering and manufacturing capabilities, Vecima’s products are in widespread demand. We are fueled by the innovation, leadership and passion of today’s top talent. Join Vecima and work in an environment that values teamwork and communication, rewards innovation and achievement, and fosters growth and opportunity in your career.
As part of the Test Engineering/Verification team, the Test Analyst/Engineer will play a key role in helping Vecima’s thriving Research and Development (R&D) department develop the next-generation Cable TV and Broadband technology.
The incumbent will be responsible for test planning, development of test methodologies, execution of test procedures and documenting results in a requirements-based development environment. Additional aspects of the position include supporting engineers and developers through prototype testing, debugging, and analysis of results, etc. More experienced incumbents may have increased responsibilities in the area of leading and managing product-specific test teams. Attention to detail, drive, initiative, productivity, teamwork and quality work are necessary to be successful within Vecima’s R&D culture.
Occasional international travel may be necessary. Candidates must not have any encumbrances to international travel.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Electronics Engineering or Computing Science degree or diploma
- All levels of experience will be considered
- Test Engineering or Verification experience is beneficial
- CCNA (Cisco) or equivalent networking training is beneficial
- Other equivalent backgrounds will be considered
Knowledge and abilities in the following areas are beneficial to this position:
- Cable Television and DOCSIS systems
- MPEG video and audio, Dolby AC3, and/or similar industry specifications
- IP Networking and networking equipment
- Researching and interpreting product or industry specifications
- Communication system tests using modern modulation techniques
- Electronics test equipment (spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.)
- Troubleshooting and testing hardware/software of complex electronic products
- Test development and automation
- Software and script development
- MPEG tools
- Customer interaction and support
- Managing and coordinating multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Work productively in a team and individually
- Identify value and eliminate waste
- Problem solving and innovative thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Vecima Networks Inc. has a competitive compensation and benefits package, and strives to provide a challenging work environment that can foster skill development and personal career growth for all employees.
As per company policy, Criminal Background Checks are required prior to accepting employment with Vecima Networks Inc.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
If you are looking for a challenging career move as a Test Analyst or Test Engineer, we want to hear from you!